pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Monday, July 26, 2004

A Blog Is Born

Last Saturday I attended the Minneapolis Blogger's Bash hosted by Fraters Libertas and the Northern Alliance. And it was there that the kernal of ego entered my mind that maybe I should begin a blog. And here it is. A monster has been created from the primal soup of Harps lager and surging synaptic power surges eminating from the blogosphere. Please bear with me. I'm new at this. My first task will be to try and define myself and the scope of this weblog. While I do not have any special qualifications in politics I will be posting my opinions here of various topics. I am a volunteer with Bush-Cheney '04 in St. Paul, but I'm rather liberal on social issues. The Republican Party has a big tent, as Rudy Gulianni says.So, while I don't think I'll be stealing attention away from the Northern Alliance or Hugh Hewitt or Andrew Sullivan, I'll use this blog to make my thoughts and feelings known. I have not owned an automobile for some 20 years. I get around by bus, LRT, bicycle and walking. I'll be sharing that experience here, as I think it makes me a bit of a unique blogger. All the blogs I've read are written by car owners.One of my first actions as a blogger will be to compensate my waitress at Keegan's Irish Pub. I completely forgot to tip her. I may as well take care of this obligation on Thursday, as that's the day the FL boys hang out there. That'll be the perfect opportunity to warn them of the creation of pinkmonkeybird/weblog. It's mostly their fault. 


2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with this new venture Pink. I'm sure it will be a great success and an inspiration to unaligned voters to cast their vote sensibly.

    Best,

    Jamie

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Tip o' the bird to Jamie.

    (Sorry if that sounds lewd. It wasn't meant that way. In any case, I'm sure all would agree that "tip o' the bird" sounds less vulgar than "tip o' the pink". I don't think anyone needs that explained.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home