pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, July 29, 2004

If It's Not Close, They Can't Eat

I received my copy of Hugh "Da  Kommissar" Hewitt's book "If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat: Crushing the Democrats in Every Election and Why Your Life Depends On It"

For the past two weeks now, I've been riding my Marin bicycle from my workplace, located in the Minneapolis Warehouse District, to Bush-Cheney '04 HQ in St. Paul's Energy Park. It's a beautiful urban bike ride. I slip onto the Mississippi River, crossing over the Stone Arch Bridge, up through Dinkytown and then onto the Metro Expressway to Headquarters.
A quick Chinese dinner at  Shuang Cheng Restaurant is called for to fortify one's constitution for phone bank work.

I'm only a little way  into the book, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit already.  I was pleased to discover that Hewitt has appended five of  W's speeches addressing the new threat to America. Hewitt writes; "I have included the texts of these five speeches as appendices because they are the crucial documents of our time, laying out as they do a comprehensive statement of what has happened and how the United States has responded and will respond in the future."
Reading President Bush's remarks at the National Cathedral on the National Day of Prayer and Remembrance on Sept. 14th, 2001, brought back feelings to me that I'd nearly forgotten. I'd heard the words of the president on that day. And that was a time of internal change for me. I was very impressed with W's  leadership in the wake of the attacks. And that speech struck a chord within me. I was becoming a Bush supporter.

Finishing half my meal, I saved the remainder in a box for tomorrow's lunch. Time to continue on to HQ. But first, a fortune cookie.


Not only did I get If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat beyond a good price, but my new blog is promised with progress! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home