pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, August 19, 2004

And our rally.


W pressing the flesh at the Excel Center.
MN Democrats Exposed reports that the same can't be said of good behavior on the part of their folks visiting the W rally.
But I must say that this rally pulled off very, very smoothly. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that 15.000 people were attended.
I was on the sidewalks all day doing crowd control. I didn't see any troublemakers on the Kellogg Blvd. side. But the Kerry counter-rallies were on the W. 7th Street side just around the corner. There was a circus atmosphere with honking horns and crowd chants and banners. As I remarked to one attendee, "Is this a great country, or what?" Agreed.
Later, inside, after an engaging series of warm-up speeches by other Republicans and a mini-concert by Ricky Skaggs, the President's tour bus convoy actually rolled, horns honking, directly into the Excel Center! The place went ape. W bounded out of the huge vehicle and shook hands all the way up to the podium where he was joined by St. Paul Mayor Randy Kelly.
It was amazing. That's what I call a rally.Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chief from www.fredomdogs.com here. I am a longtime Bowie/Ronson fan as well. Love the site. We were also at the Bush rally last night and have a write up of it at freedomdogs.com. Please add us to your MN Blog list if you will. We are brand new and adding things daily. We will be adding pinkmonkeybird as soon as we get our links straightened out. God I hate CSS so far...

    Chief

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Derek.
    Great, and glad to hear from you. I was just checking out Freedomdog via Mitch's Comments area. Nice name for a blog. Doesn't it come from last year when Americans decided to stop calling them hotdogs and changed over to freedomdogs? In any case, the French are still weiners, no?
    I very much like your blog and shall add it to my blogroll posthaste. I would be understating if I said it has a great look. And I do.
    RE: Bowie connection in my blog, pinkmonkeybird.
    Some folks may be a little confused. I haven't posted about Bowie even once. It's all consumed by politics and cultural minutia. Well, in answer to that, I am sure Bowie/Ronson, et al will eventually come charging into posts sooner or later. It's just that there is so much going on with the political field just now. We are at war.
    Too bad we didn't link up at Keegan's that night. We could have compared notes.
    Pinkmonkeybird is honored to be blogrolled in freedomdog when that eventuality occurs.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Correction;

    Hmmmmm. Sorry, Chief. I see I should have been addressing Chief rather than Derek.

    My bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home