pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, August 26, 2004

The Commissar cometh

Today is the launch of The Great Minnesota Get-Together (aka the State Fair). I'll be going several times this year and that begins in about 50 minutes as of this writing. The reason I'm going so often this time is because the GOP has booths, Taxpayers League of Minnesota has a booth, I'll be doing volunteer work this Saturday for voter's registration and besides all that, The Patriot radio 1280 am will be bringing in several right-wing shock jocks to broadcast live from their booth near the space needle.
Add cheese curds and wombat-on-a-stick to the mix and you'd have to be crazy to wonder why I'd not wanna go and go often.

Hugh Hewitt is the Commissar. He's the Johnny Appleseed of center-right political and evangelical Christian weblogs. He is credited with spawning The Northern Alliance of Blogs and they, in turn, for begetting yet more. Including pinkmonkeybird.

Tonight Hugh, Fraters Libertas and many other star-power bloggers and radio personalities will be participating in a Hollywood Squares-caliber trivia contest at Keegan's Pub.

Actually, the schedule is so frantically busy, I'll be very much challanged to enter it all into my new Palm Pilot task program.

I'm especially looking forward to Bloggers Bash II at the Beer Garden. The last one was great. So holding gathering number 2 at the Beer Garden should be almost surreal. Perhaps I'll wear my lederhosen.

Prost!


4 Comments:

  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger TFB said…

    Great gathering at Keegan's wasn't it?
    It would have been easier to meet you if you would post a pict.
    I'm wondering ( I know it sounds REALLY dufus) if name tags / blog names would be a bad idea for the blogger party next Saturday?

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Yeah, that was fun at Keegan's even though my Trivia score was lower than my shoe size.

    Your name tag idea isn't really as bad as the Seinfeld show makes it out to be. ("Hey Bob, wasn't that you I saw streaking in the park yesterday?") In fact, I was wearing a pinkmonkeybird button, and it helps. Lileks was close enough and observant enough to read it, take note and call me by name.

    But yes, posting my pic in my profile is something I want to do. I'm just not sure how yet, but I'll figure it out.

    Here's a pic of me for you. Tap me if you spot me at the next thingie.
    http://pinkmonkeybird.blogspot.com/2004/08/pinkmonkeybird-and-saints-team-mascot.html
    I'm the one on the right.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Blogger Bash II at the Beer Garden? How did I miss this announcement? Care to share details?

    DC

    http://brainstorming.typepad.com

    P.S. I hate this Blogger registration thing. How am I supposed to know an ftp site for my blog? <--- Non techie Typepad user.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    It was nice to have met you at the Patriot booth last weekend. I'm adding Brainstorming to my blogroll.
    Here is a c&p from FL on the goings-on next Saturday;
    Saturday September 4th

    9am-12pm Taxpayers League Live with David "Playa" Strom and Rabuse on the Right broadcast live at The Fair.

    12pm-3pm Northern Alliance Radio Network broadcast live at The Fair.

    4pm-??? The second Minnesota Organization of Bloggers gathering at a beer garden (TBD) at The Fair.

    I hope to see you there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home