pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Monday, August 09, 2004

Those Seven Minutes

Making the rounds in the Blogosphere are reactions to John Flipper Kerry's remark last week to some journalists that if he were president on September 11th, 2001 when the terrorists flew jumbo jets into the twin towers and the Pentagon, he would have attended to it.
I think New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is right when he cites Michael Moore's film, Fahrenheit 9/11. As has been stated elsewhere, the comments coming from Kerry have the whiff of desperation about them.
That the barking moonbat Left actually feels/thinks that there is any credibility to the assertion that W's remaining in his seat in the school reading room is somehow a damnably revealing lack of leadership, is telling. Apparently they think W should have ripped off his shirt, grabbed his AK-47 and dashed off into the jungle like Rambo.
Moore's film actually pretends to have a good idea what was going through the President's mind as he sat in the room with the children. Voicing over the footage, Moore narrates the President's thoughts;
"As Bush sat in that Florida classroom, was he wondering if maybe he should have shown up to work more often?...Was he thinking, 'I've been hanging out with the wrong crowd. Which one of them screwed me? (cut to video of Rumsfeld meeting with Saddam Hussein in 1983) Was it the man my daddy's friends delivered a lot of weapons to? (cut to picture of "Taliban Leaders") Was it that group of religious fundamentalists who visited my state when I was governor? (cut to picture of the President and Saudi Royal Prince) Or was it the Saudis? Damn, it was them. I think I'd better blame it on this guy (video of Saddam Hussein smoking a cigar, dancing)."

When I originally saw the raw footage of W sitting in that classroom for these supposed seven minutes, I thought I was seeing a man who was coming to understand very suddenly that the world had profoundly changed. I thought I was looking at a man who had been, just a moment before, focused on promoting reading in our nation's children, so that they would be encouraged to grow and lead productive and happy lives in a free country. I thought I was looking at a man who was plunged into the realization that people hate us and want to kill us, that if they could, they would have killed more.

I didn't have to wait to see Moore's movie to be introduced to this notion that the barking moonbats think they know what W was thinking. Or that he is too dumb and simple to have any thoughts of his own without his puppetmasters there to make him dance. And when I'd first heard these notions expressed, I immediately got more of a feeling about those who put forth such postulates. And it's a feeling that does not reflect well upon them.

In the first place, why spend any energy scrutinizing those seven minutes and what the President did? He showed great restraint for remaining calm, by all outward appearances, in the aftermath of America's most deadly attack upon her home soil. Why not turn one's attention toward those attacks, rather than to the President when he'd learned of it? After all, I don't see that W has called any attention to himself to merit it.
Could it be that such scrutiny is turned there because....they hate him?
Is there any doubt that if the President had leaped to some animated action, it would then be charged that he was pouncing upon his preconceived adventure in Iraq?
"Bully! I've got my excuse to avenge my father!"

So gasoline was thrown on this moonbat fire when Moore made his crockumentary film.

And now we have John Flipper Kerry beaconing to its call. This man will apparently say anything to his constituents to gain their favor.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Rob said…

    ohooo, now I have figured out that you are a republican, ouch.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Well, Mermaid, if I call you a barking moonbat, please don't take it personally.
    Your Comments are still welcome here and I'll make a point of visiting your blog at least occasionally, as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home