pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Those wacky phone surveys

It's a little after the fact that I'm posting about this from last Tuesday evening, but I just recalled this inadvertently.

We're surveying Minnesota's swing voters, identifying their concerns and their intentions this November at the polling place. There is always at least one fun or interesting call in the batch. I will try to be more reliable in this blog in relating them as they occur.

A woman answered. I asked for Harold, as per my phone listing. I went through my introduction and explained that I was actually looking for Harold, but perhaps she might be interested in helping me complete a very brief survey, taking just two minutes.
"I don't share my political views with surveyors on the phone," she said with a hint of a twinkle in her voice.

"Oh, okay," I said, "Well then, if you would be so kind as to tell Harold when he comes home that I called, we'll try to call him back."

"I think it might be safe to say that Harold might support President Bush." (chuckle, chuckle)

"Oh. I see. Well, without sharing any information of your political views, of course. I'll accept that and I thank you," I said.

"Haha hah..(restraining self) You're welcome."

"I thank you for your time. This call was paid for by Bush-Cheney '04. Have a nice evening."

"Hahahahahaha. Thank you."

Apparently she was amused at herself for breaking her own little rule regarding not cooperating with phone surveys. I guess she'd thought it was more important to feel that her views were being counted this time.
We both got a good laugh out of that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home