pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Deep Throat speaks

Doug of Bogus Gold and I quaffed a few pints with a long-time Republican Party man. Doug had the dictation device running and asked Mr GOP some very interesting questions about how this grassroots campaign in Minnesota differs from others and how it was developed.
We were fortunate to have the insights and knowledge that our Republican friend had to share. And Doug does his usual thorough reportage and examination here. It was an interesting and memorable evening.

Read the whole thing. If you don't, you'll miss golden nuggets like this;

Karl Rove looked at our results and reportedly said out loud “holy shit!” And they based their campaign’s 72 hour plan on what we came up with in Hennepin County. The 72 Hour Task Force. In fact, they didn’t even change the name we gave it.
It’s national now. It was 5th district before [referring to Minnesota’s 5th Congressional District – ed.].


While we were at the Uptown Bar, I pointed out my bartender, Jason. He and I have a friendly little wager over the outcome of Minnesota's 10 electoral votes. Either way, Jason wins. If I collect I'll surely give it right back to him. I expect I'll have a cognac and a $10 cigar to stink up the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home