pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

They're not bad guys

Hugh Hewitt has been hammering on Chris Mathews of MSNBC for stating that the insurgents in Iraq are not bad guys.

"Well, let me ask you about this. If this were the other side, and we were watching an enemy soldier --a rival, I mean they're not bad guys especially, just people who just disagree with us, they are in fact the insurgents, fighting us in their country-- if we saw one of them do what we saw our guy do to that guy, would we consider that worthy of a war crimes charge?"

Hugh is very entertaining and he's just on fire tonight as he points out that Chris Mathews typifies the views of far too many in the media and the Hollywood elites. He refers to them as "knuckleheads", clarifying that he does not hate these people, they are just wrong and they are knuckleheads because they still don't understand the nature of the enemy and they don't understand the seriousness of our war with them.

This is of especially keen interest to me to hear on my personal radio today because I had a conversation with a fine fellow just this afternoon that reminds me of Mathews. That is to say, we all know people who just don't get it. Sometimes we can't or won't argue with these fine people. After all, we have to get along with one another. I think there are many people who haven't yet connected with the events of September 11th, 2001. The whole experience was only on television and now it's all just an abstract thought. They've still got their heads firmly secured upon their shoulders, so Nick Berg's head must have been just a media slight of hand.

Curious about my friend's point of view and tired of the usual pathways of arguments made in vain, I asked him a question;
Do you have an opinion of why I think the way I do? Am I brainwashed?

No. I think we all have the right to our own opinions. I'm not necessarily right and you're not necessarily right. We all just have our own opinions that that's the way it should be.

So, there's your moral equivalence. There's plenty of reason for all of us and there are no bad guys.

Hugh Hewitt is dumbfounded and so am I. People are capable of talking themselves into believing anything. Hugh asked Roger L. Simon if he could explain this kind of "thinking". Simon could not. But he offered his opinion that they simply do not want to fight this war. They want to go back to before 9/11 when we didn't have to face these nasty realities.

I think that these people are Osama bin Laden's people. They are the Americans he believed he knew to be nothing more than paper tigers. They are the ones who would not fight because they are so corrupted by a culture of narcissism and pleasure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home