pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Uncommon weather

There is talk of another El Nino sitting out there in the vast Pacific Ocean. I don't know if it's true, if El Nino is to take the credit or the blame, depending on your perspective. Some Minnesotans love the snow and the winter weather, we mustn't forget. I'm still riding my bicycle in my work commute. That's not unheard of, but I would normally be busing by now on a daily basis. That reminds me, the other day Lileks offhandedly mentioned that normally here in Minnesota at this time of year, we would be socked with snow. Not by my accounting. Oftentimes, many of us are worried that we just might not have a White Christmas this year.

I've been getting a heck of a lot of exercise lately and it feels great. I love hopping onto my bike to get yet more exercise after a brisk workout at the gym. Nothing like gulping down all that fresh air when you're already pumped. I suppose I could have gotten a reasonable amount of exercise during the political campaign, but I was just too whipped up into a frenzy for the Internet and political talk radio and such to take the time at the gym back then. I suppose the technology exists to blog and walk a treadmill at the same time, but really folks! That's just excessive. That kinda reminds me of the occasional swimmer I see at the Y with one of the waterproof personal cd players. Do you really need to hear the Eagles while you swim? Do you really need to hear the Eagles anywhere? I think not. I suppose it would be interesting on a brain stem level to listen to dolphin recordings whilst swimming. But I'd really rather hear the sound of my own breathing than have to go through all the bother of strapping on the obtrusive gizmo in its sealed bag. I guess I might be a hypocrite to some degree, as I'm always wearing my radio when I'm on the treadmill or the StairMaster. It's tuned to the cable tv hanging in front of my face and that is often tuned to Seinfeld or a news program or whatever my fellow Y-mates dictate, be it Friends or Conan O'Brien reruns. But at least I don't have to go to elaborate lengths just to hear. Oh well, I don't see those players in the pool at all often. And certainly, if someone finds it worthwhile, more power to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home