pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

New designs

It seems there is a new fad going around in the local blogs; Redesign. A few months ago SCSU Scholars did it, as well as grabbing a new address. A few weeks ago Jo's Attic took the cue, adding a co-writer to its home. And now Bogus Gold is following the fashion.
Nice improvements, all.

I'm not so much interested in redesigning my blog. But I am very interested in regaining the ability to customize my template. This is something that Blogger has informed me they cannot do. Also, I can no longer post pictures. All I have is words.

Well, why don't you jump ship and get a new client, you ask? I was considering that. But I'd recently ordered business cards with my current Blogger address printed on them. If I switched servers, my address would change and my brand new cards would be useless. I'd have to throw them away. Well, sometimes bad luck is actually good luck. Because the printer botched my order or lost my shipment or something. I've been waiting for them for about two months. So I finally asked this printer to please cancel my order and refund my payment. This printer was made known to me via spam in my email. I can't tell you how much I regret the day I decided to take a chance on them. They'd coerced me into using them with the word FREE. Yet somehow, I was billed.

I just said that all I have is words. As you bloggers out there know, sometimes I don't even have that! When Blogger's server is overloaded or is altogether down, I can't post. Some of my posts have been lost forever. So, even my words are in limited supply.

Needless to say, I don't seem to be very lucky with the Internet. But rest assured, I will be sure to back up this very post you are now reading onto my text editor so that the bad luck may not strike me today.

I am aware that I seem to be whining. Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just letting you know what's going on and I'm not too interesting in candy-coating it. Maybe a redesign would help me get beyond these problems.

I'm thinking about it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to the gym every day and that has been cutting into my time to post regularly. I'd like to say that I feel really, really great from all the exercise, but I'm not quite there yet, as I've been trying to kick this nasty cold I picked up in New Orleans. (What? Still whining???) But, yes, I think I will be reporting here on occasion of the benefits of my new regimen. Sort of a redesign of my body, if I may say so. I intend to lose some weight.

Thank you for reading me. Check back, won't you? You never know when I may get a new design.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger R-Five said…

    Oh, now don't you start redesigning, too! Wait until after Christmas at least.

    Yes, I am feeling increasingly inadequate in this area, will play around after Christmas maybe. Given yet another Blogger outage this week, I may first have to see what a (cheap) paid service will provide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home