pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Blogger's Bash III

Upon returning home from the 3rd Blogger's Bash for the MOB, hosted by the Northern Alliance, I turned on Saturday Night Live. Imagine my astonishment when I found myself witnessing a skit on Barbara Boxer and her recent grilling of Condi Rice for her Senate review as the new Secretary of State. SNL depicted Boxer as the moonbat that most of the bloggers at the bash would see her to be. I'd like to describe the skit, but I would not be able to do it justice. Suffice it to say that SNL depicted Boxer to be a loony wacko. Suffice it to say that SNL depicted Boxer to be on a par with a street-bound schizophrenic who had recently been bitten by a rabid bat.
Of course, I should not be misunderstood. I am not saying that SNL has a right wing conservative agenda. SNL is very fair and balanced in the dissemination of their humor. They always take care to slam the Right just as hard as they slam the Left.

The Bash was great fun. All the usual suspects were there as well as some new faces. I enjoyed meeting the people that animate the blogosphere on the local level. The atmosphere at these bashes is remarkably upbeat. That's because we know enough of one another's personalities to feel comfortable. This is the formula that should promulgate every party.
I'll give you an example. Barry of SD59 mentioned to me that he is also a fan of Ed Wood. He'd read my post praising Plan 9 From Outer Space. Bingo! We had something in common and had some chat over this subject, progressing on to the next logical subject.
A blogger's bash is filled with such moments. In other words, blogger's bashes make great parties because we are acquainted with one another well enough to pick up on these tangents of shared experience and create new moments of good fun.

I enjoyed meeting every single person I encountered at this bash. I encourage readers to Comment in pinkmonkeybird.

It's a party, man. Don't stop the fun.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Swiftee said…

    Was good to see ya PMB. I put in the good word for the SD59 shindig, I'll most likely make it as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home