pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Minnesota between the cracks

I've lived in Minnesota nearly all of my 51 years. It's rare that we go beyond New Year's Day with so little snow as we have presently. The odds would dictate that by now the weatherman would be forecasting a doozy headed our way. But he's not.
He's forecasting storms headed just about everywhere else.

If this continues much longer I'm going to wonder if it's possible to get through an entire Minnesota winter without major snow accumulation.
If I were a betting man, I wouldn't place any hope in that.

Down the street from my home, a water main burst on Christmas Day. I conjecture it is because the lack of a snow blanket exposed the mains to freezing. Also, lack of snow cover is extremely harmful to lawn grass roots when sub-zero temperature penetrate the surface.

I hate to inform my readers of this, but we actually want snow. And quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home