pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Saturday, January 29, 2005

SD59 "After the Holidays" party

My previous post mentions this party. But I'd like to say a few words more about the event. It was a good time and I appreciated being invited to it. There were many old faces from the campaign trail that were good to catch up on news with. There were also some faces that I'd barely only glimpsed in those glory days that somehow seem from the long ago past even though it was really just a few month gone. We had an opportunity to clink glasses and have some chat.

But we also had a chance to talk of politics and the coming contests and challenges of the next election cycle. This meeting was a convincing forum for me that I should try and devote the subject material of this blog to these local politics.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not gonna stop writing about MSM bias or the GWOT or George W. Bush or a lot of other acronyms of national profile. But if I'm going to be involved in the coming campaigns in Minnesota's 2006 election, I've got to engage the local issues. I'm going to attempt to grapple with my interpretation of these issues, hopefully learning a thing or two along the way.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't hesitate to "go local" more often. I am amazed at how many local issues are common to so many communities. The Northern Alliance guys have shown this with their blogs and discussions on their radio show on such subjects as the proposed smoking bans in Minnesota and local education issues.

    JamesPh.
    Infinite Monkeys

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Scott,
    It was good to have you there at the party. Thanks for all you do, this "BUD" is for you.
    Steve Sumner

     

Post a Comment

<< Home