pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Kindred blogger spirit

This afternoon I heard on my radio that Senator Mark Dayton had announced that he would not be seeking reelection to his seat in 2006. Curious to discover what kind of buzz might be happening on the blogosphere over this issue, I Googled the senator's name.
To my surprise, a blog popped up that criticized Dayton for closing his Washington D.C. office a few months ago. We all remember Brave Sir Mark Dayton's choice to close that office.
Actually, it was the name of the blog that surprised me.

Moonage Webdream. For all you folks who aren't up on Bowie, he wrote a song called Moonage Daydream. In that song a character named pinkmonkeybird is mentioned. So, not only Bowie. Not only right-wing politics. But the same Bowie song!

It seems that there is another political blogger who is a David Bowie fan and writes from a center-right political position. I like this blog. In fact, I'm jealous. His blog is better than mine. Much better. There are several pages of interest to the blogger of Moonage Webdream. Rest assured, I have saved this blog to my Favorites folder.

I can't imagine that Moonage Daydream and I will agree completely on politics. I haven't studied his positions in detail yet. But we both hold Senator Mark Dayton in contempt.

And we are both fans of David Bowie. Too bad he's not a chick.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Moon said…

    Not only am I not a chick, I'm married, with children.

    I really haven't met anyone who I agree fully with on every political issue. That's a good thing to me. If I did, they would bore me to tears. As far my overall philosophy goes, I'm a fact monger. I like to dig into the rhetoric to the core of the issue, decipher it, and THEN compare it to the rhetorical sides. When you do that, you find yourself bouncing from side of the aisle to the other on varying issues. Some call me liberal, some call me a neo-con. That's the way uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it! ( Clue to my age given there as well. )

    Bowie's been my escape since about 1977 or so. Glad to meet another squawking central right monkey bird as well. I think we're about it.

    Question for ya, who did the better version of Moonage Daydream, Arnold Corns or David Bowie?

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Moon.
    I am not worthy. How did you achieve the the pure genius to mix your fan worship of David Bowie with politics on one blog? It defies logic and this branding leaves you absolutely unique in the blogosphere. Well, ahem, except for one other annoying blogger; pinkmonkeybird. Welcome to my nightmare.
    I coincidentally got the "bug" out of my blogroll problem today. Naturally, your blog will be included. It's only right.
    I am also not easily catagorized. That's one of the reasons I chose my blog personality as I did. My readers have a clue that this blog is not strictly the Christian right dogmatic line.
    Question for ya, who did the better version of Moonage Daydream, Arnold Corns or David Bowie?That's an easy one. David Bowie. Don't you feel silly for asking?

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Moon said…

    That's an easy one. David Bowie. Don't you feel silly for asking? I prefer to always feel silly. I'm not sure which performer did the better version. I like them both.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Agreed. But then any song with the name pinkmonkeybird in it can't be all bad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home