pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, February 06, 2005

State of the Union speech

As I'd posted last Wednesday night, I missed President George W. Bush's State of the Union speech because I took a class that evening. I have recently downloaded the speech from MSNBC's website and read it. I am impressed with it and applaud W for his continued strong leadership and I am enormously grateful that this singular leader continues to serve in the highest office in the land.
I'd heard mention of catcalls from the Democrats against W on certain key issues during the delivery of this speech. Of course, the written transcript has no record of those. And listening to and watching the event bring unique perspectives that a transcript cannot. Of course, the event was live-blogged by many bloggers. But there's nothing like seeing the president and hearing his words and their effect firsthand.
So I am now viewing the archived televised event via C-SPAN's website.

This is a marvelous option. And it's free to me without paying some surcharge to obtain it.

Wouldn't it be great if the Northern Alliance Radio Network and the Hugh Hewitt Show understood this?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger TaB said…

    This is an extremely well written diary. I came in via your question on the Blogger forum. While I am neither left/right/in the middle or on the fence I am pretty active in awareness and reform. (I’m British). I am curious though, how you feel about Patriot Act I and II and the dent its created in your beautiful *and I mean this without sarcasm, Constitution and Bill of Rights, the snide way it was introduced post 911.
    Cheers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home