pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Monday, March 14, 2005

Demonstrations for freedom

This morning before I scampered out of my little apartment for my day's work, I posted the news that there would be an anti-Damascus demonstration today in Beirut.

Not only that, it was huge.

There were no official estimates of the crowd size, but Lebanon's leading LBC TV station and some police officers estimated it at about 1 million. An Associated Press estimate put the number at least 800,000. Either way it was the biggest demonstration ever in this country of 3.5 million.

It is clear that a new wind in blowing in the greater Middle East. And it's happening because George W. Bush was right. I challenge all anti-war proponents to observe what is happening in the Middle East today and ask themselves what would be the case if the status quo had been continued as they had advocated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home