pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lebanon

Here's some very interesting stuff about Lebanon that I didn't know. It comes to us via the Spirit Of America blog.

Beirut may not be the only place in the world where you can find a church and a mosque right next to each other. But it's certainly a more common sight here than anywhere else. No other country has so Christians and Muslims living in the same place that you'll regularly hear both Christian church bells and the muezzin's call to Muslim prayer downtown at the same time.

And there are some very good pics there as well. Check it out.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Cameron said…

    When I was at the University of New Orleans, I met seveal students from Lebanon. They were wonderful people. One of their parents is Christian and the other was a Muslim. At first, I was surprised b/c I thought it was forbidden in the Middlie East but these two parents found true love.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home