pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Recovering from the storm

If you don't live in the Twin Cities, you might not know we had a doozy of a thunderstorm the other night. I got my Mac powered off just in time before a lightning strike or high winds caused a neighborhood power blackout. Whenever an electrical storm comes through, it's a good idea to power off. A lightning strike can fry your modem, regardless of what kind; cable, telephone, or DSL.
So, I awoke an hour late next morning because my alarm clocks were powered off. Of course, I had no time to check the Internet that morning. And when I'd returned home that evening? My cable line was dead. My Mac worked fine....just no Internet. Oh well...the hour was late anyway, so off to bed I went.

Now I am happy to say my Internet feed is just fine. God, I love it. What in the world did we do without the Internet? How did we get our news? How did we write to friends? Where did we get music and videos and viruses? I'm thinking very hard and it's just on the tip of my brain but I can't quite reach it. Oh well, it'll prolly come to me in a dream or something.

Anyways, yes, I have the Internet once more. But my screen is weird. It's like someone has been messing with my setting on the monitor. The image is larger and it's bloated in a convex shape. Did the storm do this? I can only assume so. I can only assume that a lightning strike directly hit the cable company and blew a turbine or some sort of ginormous harddrive. When they finally got the giant disks working properly once more and information began to flow freely thought my cable, it had pushed its way so hard that my screen image got pumped up.

Hey, I'm no technical expert, but if you could see what I'm seeing you'd say I've described it perfectly.


You've just got to take my word for it.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Tit Luca said…

    Very nice. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Tit Luca said…

    Thank you, I just wanted to give a greeting and tell you I like your blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home