pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Summer solstice picnic

Yes, I know that title sounds like some pagan ritual. But I guarantee you there will be no nude dancing around a June pole with garlans in frolic and lyres playing.
I've been trying for the past week or so to use my iphoto program to reduce the size of a tiff file I have been graciously provided for this blog. I thought Mac was supposed to be so easy. If I still had my pc, the job would have been done in the blink of an eye, to use an over employed and tired cliche'.


So, I'll just have to do this the old-fashioned way. Fortunately I have mastered typing text on my Mac. I even know where the exclamation point key is!

Come to the Senate District 60 Summer Solstice Picnic.
This picnic is sponsored by the Senate District 60 Republicans.
Saturday, June 18th
Kenwood Park
2 p.m.
2101 W. Franklin Avenue

Share your favorite picnic goodies! I'm bringing a batch of my mother's recipe for cold potato salad. My dad says it makes the best potato salad he or anyone has ever tasted. Fortunately, the MacIntosh computer has nothing whatsoever to do with making this potato salad, so I think I can manage just fine.

You are also urged to bring your own lawn chair and/or picnic table, as the park tables are chained to the ground. (Sounds like some horrible Gitmo scenario. You wouldn't want to be forced to eat your potato salad on a chained picnic table like at Gitmo, would you?)

Hope to see you there.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger R-Five said…

    I love (cold) potato salad! Skin on or skin off, mayo or sour cream, pickles, eggs, capers, etc optional. The only way to ruin it for me is to under-cook the spuds or make it gloppy, both common traits of supermarket deli case offerings.

    But I'm sure yours was great!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks for commenting on this most interesting of subjects, R-Five.
    I feared that I'd overcooked the spuds. I used Russet potatoes. After boiling on a low fire for a full hour, they got very soft. I think they were done perfectly. I just took care not to over-stir it when combining the low-fat Miracle Whip.
    I think I gained back a pound or two at my belt this weekend. So be grateful, R-Five, that you didn't eat some.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home