pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Fly the flag

Current events and current political battles have brought out the real stuff of our most deeply held beliefs concerning our country.
I will never forget a former close friend of mine asking me in the wake of 9/11, "Why do they fly the flag?"
I explained that they fly the flag because, despite our differences of political party or differences of policy, we are Americans and we love our country and choose to show our support.

I'd bought a beautiful American flag from the Bush Store last year. It's so gorgeous, I hate to display it on mere hooks or a cheap pole. I'd like to purchase and install a real, true flagpole in my front yard. But alas, I don't have such a pole yet. So the hooks will have to do.

The main thing is, the Stars & Stripes will be flying this Independence Day.

God, I love this country. America is the greatest country in the history of the world.

God Bless America and those who serve in her armed forces to bring freedom to the world and protect democracy! We citizens salute you. Thank you, soldiers and sailors and pilots and military personnel, all. We honor your sacrifice and pray for your safety and success. God love you.

Despite the dangers in this very dangerous world, I am optimistic. God willing, we shall prevail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home