pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Friday, August 12, 2005

Favorite dead celebrity

I tried to get through to the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight with my selection of Favorite Dead Celebrity, but the lines were jammed and my index finger got tired of punching the Redial button.
In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Carol Platt Liebau and Peter Robinson have been substitute broadcasting for Hugh while he gallivants around the Baltics in a cruise ship. Carol and Peter have opened up the lines for Favorite Dead Celebrity. I noticed that all the celebrities picked so far are film stars of one kind or another or musicians. It's high time someone picked a literary figure. And when you're talking of dead celebrities, who better than Edgar Allan Poe? Wouldn't Poe lead the pack in the "dead" category? And if Carol asked me which of Poe's pieces is my favorite, I would say the story "Hop Frog". Ask any Bowie fan why.

But I also wanted to correct Carol and Peter. All throughout the program, they have maintained that there is a msm blackout on the "Able Danger" story. Not true. The New York Times and the Associated Press have a story on it. I was made aware of it through Ann Althouse's post in Instapundit (as noted in an earlier post from me). I don't understand how everyone missed this fact.

Conservatives have been rightfully critical of the NYTimes and the AP and their news reportages. But the fact that these two high-profile news outlets are covering this Able Danger story gives me confidence that it has legs. This story is huge or will be huge. Especially if it leads to revelations of Saddam Hussein's complicity in the 9/11 attacks and Mohammed Atta's meeting in Prague.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mayor of Tommyville said…

    I'm starting a MOB fantasy football league if you are interested, you can join by going to http://tommunism.blogspot.com and read the mobsquad article for instructions on how to join.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    No thanks, Tom.
    While I enjoy a good fantasy now & then, I'm not a football fan.
    Please take your distraction from the GWOT elsewhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home