pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Peaceniks on the bridge

Riding my pinkmonkeybike home from the gym tonight, I decided to cut straight through Spaghetti Junction. Usually that takes me over the Irene Hixson Whitney Bridge (the bridge with a name even longer than the bridge itself), connecting the WAC Sculpture Garden with Loring Park.

But this evening it was being used as a platform for anti-war protesters.

I'd say there were approximately 100 people participating. Many of them had placards that were about 6 inches big. But I'm sure a lot of drivers below were able to read them with binoculars. Not wanting to negotiate the bridge with so many lame-brains on it, I simply stayed on street level and crossed Hennepin at the traffic lights.

Poor saps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home