pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Zazu and her 9 lives

It was a week ago today that I became very concerned for my pet cat's heath. She'd stopped eating and using her sandbox and I found a few puddles of vomit. By Wednesday, I'd taken her to the vet where she'd been pre-screened and kidney failure was diagnosed. They offered to perform a $200 proceedure that would flush her kidneys and digestive tract, but I declined because she's nearly 19 years old.
I changed her diet and began allowing her to roam outdoors.

I don't know how many more days we can expect Zazu to remain in good health, but she sure has rebounded! Her appetite is back and she's quite alert and apparently happy.

I guess cats don't need their kidneys. Or the vet's office needed $200. I don't know which is true.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We made a list
    Because there is utterly and completely no ego whatsoever involved in the making of this blog, we will refrain from mentioning that SiliconBeat made Feedster's just announced Top 500 blogs list .
    Great blog site, lots of info really liked it.

    I have a site/blog.

    It pretty much covers related stuff.

    Come and check mine out if you get time.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    FOAD, spambastards!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous scottyd said…

    This is very good news. I bet you are feeling better also.

    scottyd

     

Post a Comment

<< Home