pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Constant thunder

What in the world is going on here? I was caught by this storm at the State Fair yesterday. Rain, lightning and thunder. And it's not quitting. Every second or two there is another flash in the sky, another roll of thunder.
Katrina has been downgraded to a "Tropical depression" over the region of Tennessee. I wonder if this weather we're experiencing in Minnesota now is some sort of peripheral activity related to that.

It's not severe weather, so far as I can see from my home in Uptown Minneapolis. There's no wind to speak of. Just a continuous rolling of thunder and lightning and gentle rain.

Adding to the atmosphere, I just discovered on DrudgeReport that Chief Justice Renquist has passed away. The rolling thunder seems somewhat Shakespearian as I read the story of the coming battle this country will engage in over the Supreme Court.

These are amazing times of change we are experiencing as a nation. The fourth anniversary of September 11, 2001 is approaching. I must say, in the aftermath of the London bombings, I think al Qaeda is very keen on hitting America again on that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home