pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Dennis hopper; republican

Here's some eyebrow-raising news. Dennis Hopper....yes, the Dennis Hopper, the actor....is a self-proclaimed Republican.

From the Philadelphia Inquirer; (registration required)



Inquirer Columnist

LOS ANGELES - Dennis Hopper is a Republican.

"People would be surprised to know that," says Hopper, maverick star and director of the '69 hippie-stoners-on-bikes classic, Easy Rider, in a recent interview.

"I've been a Republican since Reagan. I voted for Bush and his father. I don't tell a lot of people, because I live in a city where somebody who voted for Bush is really an outcast."

One of Hollywood's legendary enfants terribles, Hopper, 69, is so straight now it's almost scary.


This is further evidence that the true rebels are W fans and are Republicans. If you want to be status quo, be accepted by your "friends" for being cool...you'd say you are discusted by the Republicans and by W.

I have been a Dennis Hopper fan for many years. Naturally, I just assumed he was a leftie, but hey...that goes with the turf. Now I admire him even more because he not only has the guts to think for himself, but he is not afraid to tell his pony-tailed friends where he stands.

I'll be tuning in to his new television show, E-Ring, on NBC.

(tip o' the bird to RealClearPolitics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home