pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Information age delayed

I have cable Internet access via Time Warner. I like it most of the time. Fast. But that's not the story right now. If my connectivity were this slow most of the time I would give up the Internet and go back to reading newspapers and tv news. Thankfully, my radio works fine tonight. Listening to Hugh Hewitt.
Because my connection speed is so bad right now, I won't be able to make some of the hyperlinks in this post I'd like to.
I just want to make a note that in this so-called Age of Information, it is interesting how much confusion and conflict there is. For instance, there's the story about the gunman in New Orleans who took potshots at a helicopter that was trying to bring relief. I heard that story a few times over the past few days. I couldn't understand why anyone would do such a thing. If you're in a sewer and you need fresh water and food, why would you fire upon the helpers? It seemed suspicious to me. Then I heard from some media source that it was an "urban myth" and was not true.
Well, now I see this through DrudgeReport.

I heard and read in the media that several New Orleans policemen had quit the force in disgust and frustration. A co-worker told me he'd leaned that was a false report (although some had committed suicide in despair).

And all the while, there are those who argue the blame for this disaster lies with the local authorities, and there are others who argue the blame lies with the federal level and the president.

I trust the true facts will come to light eventually. But as of today the accurate information is delayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home