pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Monday, September 26, 2005

Slept all day

The meds I'm on make me groggy and sleepy. And they seem to rob me of my appetite. But I think I am coming to terms with my injury. Life deals you some bum hands sometimes and you've just got to make the best of it.
Sleeping is a wonderful escape from depression and debilitation. It's also a natural defense against shock and despair. When rested, we can find hope.
I don't mean to depict myself as worthy of anyone's sympathy or pity. But I imagine that
I will gradually sleep less as I recover and return to normality.

I can do many things. Now, my task is to want do more.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    The pain must be... a pain(?) My mother always told me, "When life gives you potatoes, make vodka". Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks Hammer.
    My doctor forbids alcohol, so I am making potato soup. I'm eager to recover my lifestyle, so I'm diligently following orders.
    The physical pain is now negligible with my meds. So the greatest obstacle is lack of motion.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Hey, if you need anything (groceries, necessities) feel free to drop me a line.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Hammerswing.
    Thank you very much.
    I doubt that will be necessary. Much appreciation, however, for the offer.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    ok

     

Post a Comment

<< Home