pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Friday, November 04, 2005

Happy news

I was away from my computer all day yesterday, so this is my first opportunity to write of the outstanding good news I learned from my doctor the other day. My x-rays show my second surgery was a success! I am now "on the mend". I am scheduling physical therapy and can reasonably plan to return to work by mid-January. I can't even begin to say how happy I am to know that I can expect my life back as a fully functioning man with a left arm to use.
There is little so sobering as hearing from your surgeon that questions arise as to what to do if surgery will not repair a limb's use. That's the scare that was put into me by my surgeon, and that fright was chased away just this last Wednesday afternoon when we x-rayed my poor elbow and examined the wound. My gosh, my respect is very much multiplied for those patients who have to grapple with less fortune than I've been granted. Bless them all.
Thank heaven for modern medical science. In another age I would be forced to cope with the loss of my left arm. But it looks like it will be rehabilitated to 95% of its motion.

And to think that I nearly lost it simply because a jogger thoughtlessly zigged in my path as I bicycled! It all happened in seconds. Now I'm looking forward to turning this episode into little more than a good story of my life. I seem to have been spared the grimmer possibilities.

Thank you, Lord.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Big time congrats on that Scott!!! Every one of us takes loads for granted. You've gotten the "opportunity" to face it and recieve pardon. I wish you luck the the physical therapy.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks, HS75. Also, I want to clarify; I close my post with "Thank you, Lord." Some readers may wonder if I think God reads my blog and actually takes notice of my thanks. I can say without the least bit of hesitation that He does. My meter shows that God visits my blog regularly. The meter shows that He uses an Apple. I guess He'd thought it worked so well on Adam that it was the best computer for Him, as well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home