pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Painful recovery continues

I'm in my second week of physical therapy for my busted elbow. The daily exercise seems to be causing a ratcheting up of pain and swelling. I'm icing my elbow a few times per day now in order to try and keep the swelling down.
This is easily the most pain I have ever known in my life. I wouldn't wish this injury on my worst enemy and I sure as heck hope I never have to go through anything like this ever again.

This morning's weather report said the sidewalks were very slippery with ice today. Since slipping and falling on my arm would be the worst nightmare I can imagine, I made a firm point of staying indoors all day today. There will be days when I will have to go outside and risk a fall. But while I have any choice in the matter, I'm opting to just stay curled up against my radiator, arm elevated, doped up on Extra Strength Tylenol, sipping hot tea and dunking buttered toast.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger American Lung Association of Minnesota said…

    Get well soon, PMB. Been checking in from time to time to see how you are healing from your nasty accident.

    Thanks also for your comments on NIGP blog:

    "It appears that someone is misrepresenting Bob Moffit and the American Lung Association again.

    Isn't that below the belt?

    In any case, I hope #5 does come true. Us non-smokers are sick and tired of paying higher health costs because of the the hazards of second hand smoke."

    The answers to your questions are yes, yes, and yes! The stooges behind the "Devil's Weed" documentary pulled a no-class ambush interview on us and others at the Hennepin County meeting. All the usual smoke-lovers were there, too: Strom, Westover, Wernimont.

    Hope you will be "back in the Pink" soon.

    Bob

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks Lung.
    (If you're Lung, wouldn't that make me Pink Lung? Hope so. Much better'n Brown Lung or Black Lung.)
    I don't know how anyone in good concience can falsely put words in your mouth on the Internet.
    Also, lest there be no confusion, the three gentlemen you've named are all regarded by myself to be good friends. I shared table with them last week and we had a fine time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home