pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Be warned

Here's a news story that really shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

A number of Catholic cardinals are warning Italian women against marrying Muslims.

Church officials say some 20,000 mixed marriages took place this year alone, the BBC reported.

The Catholic Church's official position is to encourage dialogue between Rome and other religions, including Islam. But two documents published in Rome have called for extreme caution by Catholic women contemplating marriage to a Muslim, the BBC said.

It's tough enough for two Catholics to succeed at marriage. Mixing the personal cultural learnings of Catholicism with Islam brings mighty obstacles to overcome. Of course, love can overcome all things. But caution is advised.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Scott, do you have personal experience with Catholicism? Consider this a sincere question, not a booby trap.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    HS75.
    I don't mind telling you that yes, I was raised as a Roman Catholic. I fell away from faith and from my church as a teen and called myself an agnostic. But lately I have been returning in baby steps to my faith. While I don't attend mass every Sunday, I've been going back a bit lately.

    If this was a booby trap, then I have probably fallen right in, eh?

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    You fell for my clever trick! No, not really. What you wrote just made me wonder for some reason. Carry on with the baby steps, but beware cleverly hidden booby traps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home