pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Friday, December 30, 2005

That monkey movie

I just saw King Kong this afternoon.

I thought it was too long, its story was implausible and the whole experience was loud.

This movie doesn't bring anything to the King Kong myth or story that the beautiful 1933 original doesn't already have. You'll just have to believe me that I tried, mightily, to like it. Heck, I think my fellow audience members thought I was obnoxious in my constant chuckling throughout the first part of the flick. I think the movie is nothing short of terrific in the suspenseful expositional segment. We know that this story is headed for some very incredible events and I loved the way King Kong milked that for all it was worth.

The movie starts going downhill when we see the big monkey. We are then induced to slumber when long, lingering love gazing predominates between the monkey and the blonde. This, interspersed with lengthy cgi sequences.

I was glad when it died so I could go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home