pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Friday, December 09, 2005

W comes to mpls today

As most folks know by now, President Bush will be in Minneapolis today for a Kennedy fundraiser. Naturally, there will be rallies.
Since I'm on physical disability these days, I've got time to show up at 13th & Nicollet today at 11 am to rally for the president before I trot off to my physical therapy session.
See you there!

UPDATE: I write this at 3 pm local time. I went downtown today, as promised, to join any pro-W rally that might have been organized. There wasn't. I also discovered that I had the address wrong. The barking moonbat demonstrations were at the Hilton Hotel at 10th and Marquette Avenue. I found 4 specific street corners at the hotel where the radical lefties staked out their ground. Palestinian flags were in abundance. Old Glory was flying upside down. Placards referred to Bush's "Death Camps". This was a very radical group of America haters.
Combine the fact that I saw no counter-rally with the bitterly cold air today and it was a no-brainer for me to leave.
So I popped on in at Brit's restaurant on Nicollet and tried their bangers & mash before hopping the bus to see my physical therapist. So far as I witnessed, I was the only Bushie exhibiting support for the president on the street today.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Rob said…

    Scott,

    Check out the new Howard Dean video, "Retreat and Defeat"

    http://www.gop.com/

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks for referring to the new GOP ad, Rob.
    You won't be surprised to know that I'm aware of it and happy to see the GOP on the attack in this crucial issue of our times.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Rob said…

    You gotta love Howard Dean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home