pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back to work

This week marks my cautious return to the rat race. Regular readers of this blog and those who know me know that back in September I got my elbow shattered when a jogger unexpectedly ran in front of my bicycle. I had two surgeries and was on physical disability for three months.

Well, this week marks my return to work and the end of disability, although my doctor is allowing me to work only part time. I'm doing alright. Yes, I have pain. Yes, I am self-administering physical therapy. Yes, the use of my left arm is still limited in strength and I have limited mobility.

But I'm getting better. Lately, I've been leaving my brace and sling at home, but if I have to venture out on a particularly icy day, I'll try to remember to wear it for additional protection.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Scott, the gravy train is over! No more sleeping in and listening to talk radio. No more David Bowie cranked up on your stereo.

    Seriously, I hope the transition goes well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home