pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hinderaker on nick coleman

In keeping with my newfound mission of redefining this blog to local issues, I'm linking to John Hinderaker's post on Nick Coleman, columnist for the Minneapolis StarTribune, today.

I have seen the Progress For America ad on television. But I wasn't aware of Coleman's opinion piece until I read this scathing fisk mounted by Rocketman.

Coleman concludes with a venom that surpasses even that which came before:

Be warned: Despite the patriotic music, the flags and the burning Twin Towers, these ads aimed at Minnesota's heartstrings are not about supporting the troops. They are just a desperate attempt to salvage support for an unpopular president's reckless war.

Well, that's what the Left thinks, all right. But why is Coleman so exercised at the fact that three servicemen, who together have served for years in Iraq and observed conditions there with their own eyes, want to express a contrary view? What is so threatening about the idea that "American troops are making real progress"? And why do liberals find it necessary to smear servicemen who offer a message of hope and optimism?

My own guess is that liberals aren't afraid that the Midwest Heroes are wrong. They're afraid they're right.

Read the whole thing.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    I read it earlier today and Mr. Coleman doesn't exactly come out smelling like a rose. His columns are partisan in the worst sense of the word, that is to say unthinking allegiance to one side. He is deplorable.

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    I can't help but wish I could see the expression on Coleman's face when he reads Power Line's expose' on his words.
    I wouldn't be surprized if he had a fit and threw a lamp across the room.
    lol

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Rob said…

    The hard left will take down the Democratic Party with rhetoric like that.

    Ironically, Nick Coleman may be helping the GOP.

    LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home