pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Intelligent guessing power

As I've said many times in the past, you cannot win Keegan's Trivia unless you are able to make intelligent guesses and win points for things you do not know. I had the opportunity of demonstrating this tonight at our wonderful Thursday night gathering place. My team mates were Kevin of EckerNet and Ben of Hammerswing75 as well as Chris of BuddaPatriot a little late in the game.

One of the questions, if I may quote it as best I can from memory was; "What is the slang name of a flirtatious email in Blackberry?"

No one in our party knew the answer to this. I certainly do not have a Blackberry text messenger. I've heard of them, but have no need for such a thing. I reasoned out loud with my team mates that such a name should probably resemble the word, "flame" in that it is simple and monosyllabic. Perhaps "blurt" would be a good answer because it contains the "bl" of blackberry and the "urt" of flirt. No one argued and this was readily accepted as better than a blank space which would certainly be counted as incorrect.

Blurt was the correct answer. Nevertheless, we only culled 14 points total, I think. In any event, my team mates and I were all amazed that I actually knew something without really knowing it.

Saints be praised.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Maybe we only got 14, but we only lost by 2. My question is whether it's "blurt" or "blirt". I'm guessing it's number 2.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Yeah, I wondered about the spelling, too. Fortunately, we are no longer hampered by the Trivia Police and may use Google. You have guessed intelligently.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home