pinkmonkeybird

...busting up my brains for the words

Saturday, May 06, 2006

This blog is no more

Well folks, it's been fun and it's been a learning experience, but I'm trashing pinkmonkeybird blog into the ashbin of history.
Readers will know that I've been wrestling with the lefty name of this blog. I recently rationalized that I should continue it, despite the pink name. But my gut feeling is that my needs have outgrown the founding idea of this blog and so I'm discontinuing it. Thanks go to any and all readers who have visited here to find what I've got to say.

But I haven't stopped blogging. I will now write as Diamond Dog in Freedom Dogs blog. In fact, I've submitted a post just today. Once the moderator ok's it, it just might get published.

Just to be on the safe side, I'll keep this blog active for another week or so before I kack it.

UPDATE: It's been pointed out to me by Ed of Monkeywatch that it would be unwise to kack this blog just yet. If I kack it, subhuman real estate spammers will appropriate my name and hawk poisoned ground in my name. Therefore, this blog will remain as a tombstone to a dead idea. Thanks for visiting. Now go to Freedom Dogs. Bow wow. Woof woof.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm bummed out that your trashing
    the site. Just when it was
    getting interesting. You know,
    sex, religion, and murder.
    That stuff is hard to come by in
    triplicate. Anyway, best of luck
    to you in your blog endeavors.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Thanks Anon.
    You should know that your comment of support for this blog is a vicious stab into my very heart.
    But thanks for your well wishes.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ed said…

    If you leave it in place, your nearly-two-years of archives live and real-estate spammers don't take over the domain name.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger hammerswing75 said…

    Sorry to hear it. Say, I can't get your email to work so I'll leave you a message here. I just moved to your neighborhood. Send me an email at hammerswing75@yahoo.com and we can get together for coffee sometime.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Rob said…

    Hope you keep up the good work at Freedomdogs.com

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger pinkmonkeybird said…

    Ed.
    I will miss the special relationship we've had; I, as a monkey, you, as a monkey watcher. But hey, stuff changes.
    Good points you make. It's better to leave this blog in limbo than to formally shut off the water. Thanks for the tip.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Well dang it! I finally finish school for the semester, and look what you go and do!

    I'll mosey over to the Dogs, look for you there.

    Thanks for running a great blog!

    Bunkergurl

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Anonymous riskitall said…

    Hey PMB,

    I liked your blog also and I am glad you are going to continue under a different name. You are a great writer and you are good at finding interesting things to talk about. Some of your stories really are great. Keep up the great work.

    Riskitall

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger Scott said…

    Thanks Riskitall.
    I'll be talking to you soon

     

Post a Comment

<< Home